Account Director – MelbournePosted on 4 Feb 2022
We are a specialist agency focused on the seniors’ living sector. Our clients include some of the largest players in the industry plus a number of not-for-profit organisations seeking to expand their operations into this vital and growing area. We operate through offices in Melbourne and Sydney. We are seeking to appoint a highly experienced and skilled Account Director to work with existing clients and grow new opportunities. Our service offer includes consumer research and development advisory services; marketing and communications; and retirement development sales and operations.
Working within a collaborative Account Management team, you will manage an existing group of clients and have primary responsibility for delivery of their varied requirements. You will also contribute to developing new client and business opportunities in collaboration with senior management. Based in Melbourne, you may be responsible for interstate clients and required to travel regularly. As a large part of the agency’s work relates to major projects, you will typically work collaboratively with all members of the project team (internal and external) to manage delivery of the individual components.
Key role responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients and promote the agency and its service offering in order to secure new business
- Develop new client and business opportunities in collaboration with the senior management team.
- Build a complete understanding of the sector, the various operator types and the senior Australian consumer
- Develop brand and marketing strategies and translate outcomes into the requisite briefs for the creative and production teams
- Liaise with the various agency teams in order to complete client work in line with both client and agency expectations
- Present creative work
- Achieve budgets and manage costs
Key personal requirements include the following:
- An ability to think strategically and identify opportunities for both the client and the agency
- A sound understanding of marketing, branding, advertising and design (6+ years experience)
- Previous experience in a similar agency role, preferably in the seniors living, property or not-for-profit sectors (desirable)
- Have demonstrable experience writing marketing strategies for long term projects
- An ability to manage relationships and maximise business opportunities
- Exceptional project management capabilities
- Outstanding communication skills and particularly written communications
- A willingness to travel interstate
- Motivated, engaging and confident
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Tertiary qualifications
- High degree of computer literacy in Project Management software, Excel, Word, etc.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and supportive agency in a very exciting phase of its evolution. A competitive salary will be negotiated.
Applications will be accepted only via the form on this page and should include an overview of relevant experience, qualifications and the reasons that would make you suitable for consideration for this role. A complete resume must also be included. Interviews will be conducted progressively as applications are received. If you are interested in this role you are encouraged to apply in a timely manner.